Hyderabad: Vijayashanthi, 54, Actor-turned-politician formally Re-joined the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) at the BJP state office in Hyderabad on Monday.
Yesterday she met Amit Shah, home minister New Delhi, she earlier met G. Kishan Reddy, minister for sate home affairs and Bandi Sanjay Kumar, Telangana BJP president.
Vijayashanthi is the second from film industry from the south India after actress Khushboo to join BJP recently.
- Vijayashanthi started her political career in 1997 with BJP.
- Quits BJP in 2005 and floated a separate party, Talli Telangana.
- She later joined Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) and was elected to Lok Sabha from Medak constituency in 2009.
- Vijayashanthi joined the Congress in 2014, just before the Establishment of Telangana State after Andhra Pradesh was bifurcated into two states.
- She quit the Congress after GHMC election in Hyderabad results on Friday.
The BJP won 48 of 150 seats in the Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation. The Congress barely registered, winning only two seats, the same as in 2016.
Earlier, Vijayashanthi, who had famously compared Prime Minister Narendra Modi to a terrorist and a dictator “Everyone is scared that at what moment Modi will shoot the bomb. He looks like a terrorist. Instead of loving people, he is scaring people. It’s not the way how a PM should be,” while campaigning for the national election last year for the Congress and now joined the same party.
You can get instant news and articles from Hyderabad Post
Click to Like/Follow/Subscribe us on Facebook – Twitter – Telegram – Instagram – WhatsApp – YouTube – Reddit – Koo